St Joseph's students participated in the recent writing competition run the Fellowship of Australian Writers NSW Inc - Lambing Flat Regional at Young in the 2020 Cherry Festival writing competition.
Stories and poems were entered from students from every state (except NT) and across 185 towns.
Congratulations to all our students, we had some outstanding results:
Primary School Short Story - Years 4, 5 and 6
- Second Place - Zach Thompson - A Step through Time
- Highly Commended: Nate Hirsch - The Gas Tower
- Commended: Mylee Taylor - Mylee Taylor
Primary School Poetry - Years 4, 5 and 6
- Commended: Charlie McGuiness - Wedge Tail
Junior Primary Schools Section - Poetry Years 1, 2 and 3
- Highly Commended: Hugh Corkhill - Rams
- Commended: Milly Dymock - Cheeky
- Commended: Ivy Taylor - Boots
St Joseph's dominated the awards and have now been invited to have their poems published in the Free Xpression literacy magazine on the children's pages Young Xpressions.
We look forward to sharing this magazine feature when published.
A great achievement, we are very proud of all student's participation but especially our recognised winners.