Boorowa Community Bank held their 12th annual Grants Presentation night at the Boorowa Ex-Services Club on Thursday, November 5.
Charitable grants to the value of $43,990 was handed out by the bank to six local projects.
A further $18,218 in sponsorship was allocated to three local sporting organisations, who were ineligible for grants.
The 2020 grants included:
- Carinya Court Inc Outdoor Shutters: $4,980
- Yass Early Childhood centre -YECCA Verandah improvements: $13,431
- Boorowa Ex-Services & Citizens Club Portable dance floor: $ 8,340.20
- Boorowa & District Historical Society Inc Concreting under Holgate Bullock wagon: $3,080
- Rotary Club of Boorowa Community Op Shop Shelving and hanging racks: $7,159
- Binalong Mechanic Institute Renew/Replace outside stairs: $7,000
This year's sponsorship included:
- Club Fitness Boorowa Gym equipment upgrade: $5,702.07
- Boorowa Ex-Services Men's Bowls Assistant post to help bowler on greens: $4,000
- Boorowa Ex-Services Squash Club Scoring iPads and upgrade of air conditioning: $8,516
The bank has now donated $1,061,601 in community grants over the past 12 years.
This brings our total community contribution to $2.5 million over the last twenty years.
To celebrate our 20 year milestone, the bank has set up two annual scholarships to the value of $5,000.
Applications are now open.