Following prolonged dry times and in accordance with the Boorowa Drought Management Plan, Hilltops Council have implemented Level 2 water restrictions in Boorowa.
Hilltops Mayor, Brian Ingram said these restrictions are necessary to manage continuity of water supply.
"These restrictions are aimed at maintaining water supply and are necessary for ensuring that the ongoing water requirements of the town are met," Cr Ingram said.
"I would like to reassure the community that the security of the Boorowa water supply is our number one infrastructure priority. I am pleased to say that we are currently completing a scoping study in relation to the construction of a water pipeline as a long-term solution to this issue."
Definitions for Restriction Level and permitted activities can be found on the Council website at https://hilltops.nsw.gov.au/ENVIRONMENT/Environment/Water-Sewer.aspx
Residents are still able to water their lawns and gardens every second day between 6am and 9am or 6pm and 9pm.
A summary of level 2 water restrictions is as follows:
- Watering of gardens - 6am-9am and 6pm-9pm every second day
- Irrigation of new turf - Up to one week after laying
- Washing down walls or paved surfaces - Not permitted
- Topping up private swimming pools/spas - 7am-9am and 6pm-8pm, provided pool covers are used
- Washing cars - Allowed with bucket and rinsed with trigger hose on lawn between 9am and 12 noon
- Use of evaporative air conditioners - As needed