“Old Graham” will be open to the public on Saturday, October 27 and Sunday, October 28 to help raise funds for the Rural Fire Service and Hovells Creek Landcare Group.
The garden will be open from 10am until 4.30pm each day, with entry $7.
It is a delightful country garden, developed by Liz and John Baker around an historic stone Cobb & Co inn, designed to be minimum care, drought-hardy and fire resistant because they do not live there all the time.
The garden features David Austin roses, day lilies, iris walk, pond and bog garden, citrus and other specimen trees, beautiful stone walls and edgings, rustic arbour paved with convict brick, slab hut, antique Sydney sandstone folly and stone bridge, labyrinth and nine standing stones in the sculpture paddock.
Seventy-five sculptures are in the garden and adjoining paddock, with short and long sculpture walks.
Garden is 1 acre and sculpture paddock is 15 acres.
Detailed notes on Sculpture Walks will be available on the day.
Morning/afternoon tea and lunches catered by Frogmore Community Hall - or bring a picnic.
Home made jams for sale.
Suitable for prams/pushers and wheelchairs.
Toilets on site.
Dogs must be on a lead and please use pick-up bags.
There is no mobile phone coverage at Old Graham and nearest petrol/diesel, ATM and shops are in Cowra or Boorowa.
Old Graham is located at 3021 Frogmore Road, Hovells Creek NSW.
Directions from Cowra (43kms):
- Take the road to Wyangala Dam from Cowra.
- Go through Darbys Falls and across the River Lachlan and after another 3-4 km turn right onto the Frogmore Rd signed to Frogmore.
- Follow the road for about 15km and Old Graham is an old stone house next to the road on the right hand side.
From Boorowa (50km):
- Take the Crookwell Rd to Wyangala Dam from Boorowa.
- After 14km turn left at Gunnary Creek onto Frogmore Rd, signed to Frogmore and Wyangala Dam.
- Follow the road for 30km and Old Graham is on the left hand side of the road. It is an old stone house next to the road and is just after a large woolshed.
For further information visit www.myopengarden.com.au
Phone Number at Old Graham is 02 6345 2412