In order to enhance the variety of events held across the Hilltops Region, Council is providing sponsorship to 19 local groups to help maximise the economic and social benefits they generate.
Groups such as Rye Park Progress Association and the Boorowa Community Landcare Group received $650 and $1000 respectively in sponsorship.
Hilltops Council Mayor Brian Ingram said as part of the latest round of sponsorship funding, $37,530 has been invested in local groups to help optimise events that benefit the broader community.
“Hilltops Council is committed to providing support to groups across the area who undertake events or activities with the aim of including the broader community in a way that provides a significant economic benefit,” Mayor Ingram said.
“The social aspects of these kinds of events – whether they be large-scale regional events, or small-scale events that just focus on a particular town or village – is also vitally important, and Council’s sponsorship is tailored towards supporting events that encourage social inclusiveness; in other words, events that get everyone involved,” he said.
Sponsorship funding of up to $5,000 was made available for groups hosting a region wide event/activity. Funding of up to $2,500 was available for groups organising a specific town or village-based general community event/activity, or sporting events/activities of state or national significance.
Future sponsorship funding rounds will be advertised on Council’s website.
The other groups are:
- Young District Antique Engine and Tractor Club $500
- Jugiong Art Exhibition $2,000
- South West Slopes Fire Cadets $500
- Boot the bag Hilltops $5,000
- Young Dressage Association $2,500
- Harden Kite Festival $5,000
- Harden District Education Foundation $4,500
- Young Darts Association $2,500
- Young Bowling Club $2,500
- Hilltops Choir $1,000
- Dramatic Minds Festival $1,000
- Young Rodeo Association $2,500
- Young Aboriginal Education Consultative Group $1,000
- Young Camera Club $1,380
- Wombat Progress Association $500
- Rotary Club of Young $2,500
- Army Cadets Young $1,000