LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Victorian health authorities strongly suspect a Melbourne man picked up COVID-19 during his two weeks in South Australian hotel quarantine.
* The man in his 30s flew into Adelaide from India via the Maldives and Singapore on April 19 before Australia's flight ban came into effect.
* After returning three negative tests in Adelaide hotel quarantine, he returned to his home in Wollert last week and developed symptoms on Saturday before testing positive on Tuesday.
* South Australian authorities are examining whether the man caught the virus before he entered SA and simply had an unusually long incubation period, or caught it from a person with the virus in the room next door at the Playford Hotel.
* Victoria's Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton believes the man caught the virus in the hotel, not in India or on his international flights.
* All three of his household contacts have returned negative test results and authorities have identified seven initial exposure sites across Melbourne.
* Staff at Australia's largest pathology lab software provider evacuated their Melbourne office on Tuesday morning due to the case.
* Victoria Police officers have been put into isolation after rescuing a man believed to have jumped from an oil tanker in Melbourne.
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison marvelled at regional communities emerging from coronavirus restrictions after travelling across the country.
* Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, who wore a tie decorated with tiny aeroplanes to parliament on budget day, remains coy on a reopening date for Australia's international border.
* Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese said tourism operators and universities reliant on international students deserved clear answers on border closures.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There were 2,736,107 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Monday, including 72,886 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 1,772,257 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 46,974 in the previous 24 hours).
* 1,505,137 have been issued in primary care (+41,950) and 267,120 in aged and disability facilities (+5024).
* 963,850 have been administered by the states and territories, including 25,912 in the previous 24 hours.
* 273,220 have been administered in Victoria (+10,155), 242,149 in NSW (+6297), 159,795 in Queensland (+2631), 116,975 in Western Australia (+2469), 72,110 in South Australia (+1800), 44,804 in Tasmania (+1077), 34,757 in the ACT (+884) and 20,040 in the NT (+599).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported one new locally acquired virus case on Tuesday after a man in Victoria who spent two weeks in SA hotel quarantine tested positive. There were also seven new overseas-acquired cases: four in NSW, two in WA, and one in Victoria.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 158,957,000
* Deaths: at least 3,303,000
* Recovered: at least 95,031,000.
Data current as of 1730 AEST on May 11, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press