JUST when you thought you knew what you needed to know - you need to know a little bit more.
A minute into Friday (September 4), all Victorian-NSW border region residents will be able to apply for a cross-border resident permit.
The border region has been expanded to include all towns grouped together in what is now the 'blue zone'.
For a brief moment, the NSW Premier said the new system would allow border residents to cross interstate for 'daily life' reasons.
That idea went up in a puff of smoke like our social calendars this year, with the government later locking in four reasons only to cross to the other side - and none of them include visiting friends, eating out or updating your wardrobe.
With 113 new cases recorded in Victoria, and 15 deaths, anti-lockdown protests are off limits as well.
A pregnant Ballarat woman was arrested for allegedly inciting an anti-lockdown protest at her home on Wednesday afternoon, which she live streamed to Facebook.
Assistant Commissioner Luke Cornelius said that while the optics of arresting a pregnant female would never "look good", police were satisfied that members had behaved appropriately.
He said coronavirus did not discriminate, and police would not discriminate from holding people to account for "selfish" and criminal behaviour.
Five people indicated they would attend on the event's page.
And if we needed anymore reason to shout at the gods of party spoilers, the beloved annual Meredith Music Festival has been added to the list of live music events given the chop this year.
But all is not lost, there's a new line up of farmers wanting a wife.
It is understood filming will take place from October to December this year with eligible women encouraged to get in quick and apply for individual farmers as casting closes soon.
News you need to know
- Alleged COVID-19 protester shaken by 'entirely reasonable' arrest
- Benalla, Alpine mayors say new border bubble makes 'no sense'
- Mystery case found in regional NSW, as Sydney COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Premier says draft documents have 'no status' as Victoria records 113 cases, 15 deaths
- 'We're not going to be arbiters': Controversial honours to stand
- Senate censures aged care minister Colbeck
- Qld govt 'must reveal AFL final cost'
- Uni fee overhaul bill up for short inquiry
- Meteor soared over Canberra, exploded near NSW border