Hilltops Council have granted a number of community groups and sporting clubs with funding from round two of the 2019/2020 sponsorship and financial assistance funds.
This follows council's endorsement of the recommendations of the sponsorship and financial assistance committee, for the distribution of the funds, at council's June meeting.
Hilltops mayor Brian Ingram thanked these groups for the work they do within the Hilltops community.
"Hilltops Council is committed to providing financial assistance to groups in the area to support and grow local events and activities. This is one way that we, as a council, can support the community," he said.
Council received a large number of applications from a wide cross section of community and sporting groups across the Hilltops. A total of $29,128 has been allocated.
Council also resolved to allocate a donation of $200 to all 20 schools within the Hilltops local government area, for book prizes at their 2020 presentations.
An amount of $20,000 was allocated toward the cost of providing relief for all users of council facilities who have been unable to use those facilities as a result of COVID-19 restrictions. Any unspent funds from this year's programs will rollover to the 2020/2021 budget for financial assistance and sponsorship programs. Applications for the next 2020/21 program opens in August.
Full list of successful applicants:
- Hilltops Food Hall (Young Food Hall) $1000 for painting and storage
- Young and District Family History Group $388 towards annual rental costs
- Young Society of Artists $1000 contribution toward cost of public liability insurance
- Harden Murrumburrah Mens Shed $1000 towards waste disposal costs (two year period)
- Young Combined Hockey Association Inc. $1150 to upgrade canteen freezer and field PA and purchase tables and chairs
- Young Men's Shed $5000 for electrical and lighting works in new shed
- Boorowa Ex Services Club women's bowls $2590 for two retractable sun shades
- Bribbaree Bowling Club $5000 to upgrade the septic system
- Harden CWA $2500 to demolish and replace retaining wall at CWA Harden
- Hilltops Arts and Young Society of Artists $2500 to host a two week artist in residence program
- Boorowa Ex Services Club car club $2500 towards the National H Car Club event
- Boorowa Ex Services Club men's bowls $1000 towards men's bowling tournament
- Boorowa Ex Services Club women's bowls $1000 towards women's bowling tournament
- Boorowa Ex Services Club fitness centre $2500 towards a fitness training program for elderly residents