With the easing of restrictions, the next meeting of the Boorowa Landcare ReGen Grazing Group will be held both on-farm and online.
The on-farm meeting is restricted to 10 people together, exercising appropriate social distancing at Hanaminno on Friday, May 29 at 1pm.
The remainder of participants will take part in a Zoom meeting.
The facilitator will be Scott Hickman and topics for discussion include options and techniques on winter grass budgeting and a look at multi-species cover cropping.
Directions to Hanaminno will be given on RSVP to the first 10 people who reply for an on-farm visit.
The Zoom link will be given on RSVP for other participants.
At the last meeting, held via zoom, 11 people joined for a discussion on rainfall and grass budgeting.
Overall observations included:
- stocking rates are about half of what they would normally be
- grass budgets had allowed more comfortable trades
- early decisions gave you more options
- looking at dams was a good indicator of health of soils and ground cover
- despite recent rainfall, most felt they were not out of drought yet
- it's good to have a plan
- opportunities for multi species cropping
- people were keen to engage and discuss the next month's priorities
- 'Fire Country How Indigenous Fire Management Could Help Save Australia' by Victor Steffensen
- Nicole Masters 'For the Love of Soils'
Call 0459 681 018 for more information.