As we all know the NBN is due to start operating in Boorowa in October this year. This will mean a significant change to your phone and computer connections and you will need to know what you need to do when the changeover happens.
Graham Jenkins will host two information sessions at the Boorowa Ex-Services Club on Sunday, September 24 at 12:30pm and at the Boorowa Library on Wednesday, September 27 at 6:30pm, both free of charge. Several topics will be discussed and these will include:
- What the NBN is and how it is different to what you currently have.
- Why should you connect to the NBN?
- What you will need to do when the NBN is ready to be connected to your home.
- Some extremely important information if you have medical alert systems or alarm systems.
- Will your current phone work?
- What will happen to your phone if there is a blackout?
- Types of NBN services available and different service providers.
Graham is in no way connected to NBN or Telstra or any other service provider so cannot answer specific questions about prices or exactly what services each provider might provide but can give you general information on what it does and what it will mean for you when it happens.
He has spent nearly 40 years working in IT environments, including ten years in CSIRO so has a basic understanding of how all this works.