Merchandise Team Support Specialist
Due to an internal promotion, we have a great opportunity for a Merchandise Team Support Specialist to join the Merchandise Operations team.
This role is responsible for delivering and coordinating key outcomes for the greater Merchandise Team as well as driving key strategies and people related matters for the Merchandise Operations Team.
This role would suit someone who is highly organised, deeply curious, with strong attention to detail and who is seeking an opportunity to develop their career.
What you’ll do
- Own the development and maintenance of Merchandise SharePoint Hub and National Merchandise Teams site
- Ensure Merchandise communication channels have relevant and up to date information accessible to the Merchandise team
- Ensure team member contact information is up to date e.g. Merchandise contact list, Merchandise e-mail distribution lists
- Assist with the onboarding process for new starters and internal team moves
- Support department heads and greater Merchandise team with administration tasks as required
- Set up new expense vendors and processing of cost invoices for payment
- Managing / reporting the delivery of Merchandise Operations projects and strategy (liaising with senior stakeholders)
What you’ll bring
- Broad understanding of the Metcash business (structure, pillars, standing in the industry, service and commercial model)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams)
- Knowledge of the FMCG industry
- Understanding of Employee lifecycle and employee engagement
- Ability to network across the Metcash network
What we can offer you
- Ongoing training and development
- Fast-paced environment where no two days are the same
- We’re BIG on flexible working
- Free on-site parking and next to the metro station
- You can make a difference and shape what this iconic Aussie brand stands for
We’re all about celebrating success, and we’re proud to be a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, an accredited FlexReady workplace and a Gold Standard Mental Health First Aid skilled workplace.
At Metcash, we’re the power behind an independent Australia. For almost 100 years we’ve been proudly supporting local, family-owned businesses – sticking up for the little guys and helping them become the best stores in town. Today we’re Australia and New Zealand’s leading independent!
Make your Mark!