Your new company
An international leader is naval ship design is seeking a Naval Architect to join their Australian team to provide naval engineering and design services on major Defence projects.
Your new role
In your new role you will be responsible for:
- Designing military ships, floating structures, submarines and other seagoing vessels.
- Estimating project costs and overseeing construction and repairs of marine vessels.
- Working with shipbuilders, engineers, ship owners and shipping organisations.
- Using relevant software and other technology to aid in designs and calculations.
- Providing engineering solutions and technical and commercial guidance to clients.
- Contributing to naval procurement processes.
- Researching and developing new design and construction methods.
- Carrying out surveys of ships’ hulls, superstructures and equipment.
- Measuring ships for tonnage and freeboard.
- Conducting investigations into incidents and faults.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary Qualifications in Naval Architecture
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a professional engineer and Naval Architect
- Experience in conducting engineering investigations, analysis and writing detailed reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of class societies and relevant design standards.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, produce reports and operate with an eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build positive relationships at all levels of the business and with the external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Australian Citizenship holding or eligible for an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Defence Security Clearance to a minimum of NV1.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join an international defence organisation w\which holds expertise across naval architecture, marine engineering, nuclear engineering, safety and security, systems engineering, integrated logistics support, engineering consulting and acquisition program management. This is a permanent opportunity that will allow you to grow and expand your career, as well as have access to several internal benefits, including: competitive salary, supportive work environment, working with high-ranking Defence professionals and the ability to work autonomously.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Rochelle Feenan on (02) 6112 7622, email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2670988